Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses - now [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses - now [OT]
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:45:14 -0500
I've seen one or two of those scenes in Wold War II documentaries. I believe it was a plane too damaged to fix, and they needed the room on board for something else, or they were using it as a coffin.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa

plp@xxxxxxxx wrote:

How do the "warbird" community feel about those newsreels of
planes being pushed off aircraft carriers into the Pacific,
for example?

The only newsreels I remember are of helicopters being pushed
off the deck to make room for more people from Saigon during
the 1975 Vietnam evacuation.  The military might have pushed
aircraft off the deck right after the termination of WWII, but
only to make room for personnel returning from the front. Talk about comparing apples and oranges.

Pete