Re: [OM] Mr. Fixit averts tragedy, saves the day!

Subject: Re: [OM] Mr. Fixit averts tragedy, saves the day!
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:07:08 -0400
I just came in again from the woods behind the house, where I was finishing
off the fungi roll, despite the fact it's raining again.  I used, of
course, the same OM-4Ti I was using Sunday, when I was mercilessly attacked
by wet leaves and gravity on a steep hillside, obviously aiding and
abetting a vicious poplar tree in an assault on my precious Oly gear.

And I used the improperly repaired, wrongfully epoxied T Power Control 1,
this time with the T10 Ring Flash.  (No tripod today.)  The epoxy hadn't
even had the full 24 hours to cure, but it held solid, and I didn't favor
it one little bit, just went about business as usual.  Everything worked
just fine and dandy.

Guess I got away with one this time.  Cost for repair, since I already had
the epoxy on hand: 10 minutes and maybe 10 cents.  Just lucky, I guess.  As
my grandpa used to say, even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a
while.

And now that I'm on a roll, I think I'll take the cover off this old VCR
that plays, but won't record.  It says on the back, "No user-serviceable
parts inside," but what the hell?  Let me see what I can do.

And, Jim, good luck finding the other five ball bearings.  You shouldn't
mess around with things unless you know what you're doing. :)

Walt