[OM] Aperture Vibration Question

Subject: [OM] Aperture Vibration Question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:29:48 -0700
I have wondered before. What is the source of the aperture induced vibration with OMs? Is it in the lens mechanism itself or is it in the mechanism inside the camera body that activates the auto aperture? If inside the body I was wondering whether the action could be softened by a modification that would soften the action and reduce the vibration. Maybe the introduction of a resilient component in place of a hard one somewhere in the process?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California