Re: [OM] The Film is Developed, The Prints are Made, I Just Need to Get

Subject: Re: [OM] The Film is Developed, The Prints are Made, I Just Need to Get Paid.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:58:11 -0700
NOOOO!!

The second roll of Plus-X is unexposed. I'm a fool, I couldn't load a film into a camera. I think that film would have yeilded some good shots too. What am I going to say?

 Josh-can't load film-Lohuis

Josh,

We have all done it and felt just as stupid. You only do it once in your life though.

This is the procedure I use. Put the canister in the back, push down the rewind crank, pull the film across the film plane and thread it into the take up spool, wind film, to make sure it is caught, until both sides of the film are engaged by the film sprockets. Now make sure the lip of the cassette is flat(not sticking up) and turn the rewind knob until the film is snug in the canister and the film across the back has some tension on it. Not too tight. You do not want to break the film sprocket holes. Close the back of the camera. Wind the film and click the shutter to the first frame WHILE watching the rewind knob to see that it is turning as you wind.

I don't think your customers will be put out if you tell them what happened and ask them to come back. Students get a lot of slack. They realize you do not have 25 years of experience. You and they may even some ideas for some new shots. If you print what you have and show them, they may even want to wear different clothes the second shoot.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California