Re: [OM] unusual ebay feedback requests

Subject: Re: [OM] unusual ebay feedback requests
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:14:18 EDT
In a message dated 10/15/02 3:51:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
ericboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I won an auction, sent cash next day, then waited 11 days

Is he asking you to leave negative feedback?  I really don't know how to
answer your question, however my feedback might be tempered somewhat by how
pleased I was with the item once it got to me.  It is interesting that you
pose this question as I have a what appeared to be a minor Fang which closed
on 9/30/02 and not only do I not have the item, I also have had essentially
no communications with the seller.  Many emails and only one response.  That
one was to question what item I was inquiring about so he could figure out if
it had been shipped. Check was sent on Oct. 1 and I've had no acknowledgment
that I won auction from the seller, no acknowledgment of receipt of payment
and no acknowledgment of shipment.  It does seem a little pushy for me to
expect any of these after 15 days, but I guess that is just the way I am.
The Tamron SP 400mm f4 lens with 2X Tamron converter was a good buy at $458,
but not if it doesn't get here.  So my question is probably the same as
yours, what kind of feedback does one post if you are not satisfied with the
service?  Could be "Nice item, idiot seller, stay away," "Great lens, crappy
communications, don't buy," "Jerk, not worth the effort even if item was
free" or maybe "Expect no communications & you will be pleased."  Still
waiting :-(    Bill Barber