[OM] Push/pull/cross processing?

Subject: [OM] Push/pull/cross processing?
From: Jose Afonso <jm_afonso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:47:56 +0100 (BST)
Hello Zuiks.
I have a problem... (no, I mean besides the
zuikoholism).

Recently I have been on the recovery from a very bad
slide processing at one of this fast K*@#k processing
stores (how can someone cut a slide *inside* the
actual slide????? well, they did with mine, lots of my
beautiful OM4 and OM1 pictures reduced to 80-900f
its original beauty... and a long "fighting" with the
store for compensation). Quite a shock. But anyway,
maybe still traumatized by that event, the second roll
I put on the OM4 (a provia100, after a velvia) was
shot at 50ASA setting (forgot to change it...). It was
also a quick thing, I had some eagle flying overhead
when the first roll ended  -another reason for the
stupid mistake.

I think I can recover the quality of the slides by
some pull/push processing. Could someone explain to me
in what they consist of? And what I should ask to the
store (not the previous one... now I only use a
professional, more expensive but less traumatizing) -
I want to make sure I ask for the right thing. If
push/pull processing is not the way to go, could I try
cross processing? I think the contrasts and colours
would be changed somewhat, but that might be
preferable to having overexposed (otherwise wonderful)
slides...

Any help appreciated

All the best
Jose