[OM] Re: <OM> Vivitar Macro Teleconverter, again

Subject: [OM] Re: <OM> Vivitar Macro Teleconverter, again
From: "Thomas A Simmons" <tasimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:48:42 -0700
 First I have to admit that when I joined this list over a year ago,
my primary intent was to convert my OM to use Digital sensors.
Although still dabbling in that (for Astronomy), I have been infected.
I now have a fever, and bad shakes when looking at big lenses. I had
to run when the fellow posted the 180 F2......oh....there I go again.

Please help?

For starters, I have a Pelican 1650 case that used to hold all my gear,
and fit behind the seat of my F150 carry all case. Then, the devil made
me pick up the 135 F2.8 "bargain" and Vivitar macro teleconverter, to go
with the OM 35-70, 50 and third party 24, 70-210 and 400 that I already
owned, plus the OM close up extensions and other teleconverters.

Does the Vivitar Macro truly replace the extension tubes AND the other
converters?

Seems like a prudent thing to do is pick up another Pelican case or two.
Perhaps I should fill the other case with a second body and move the third
party lenses, extension tubes, and teleconverter into it? This will make
room
in the first case for the OM 180 and 300.

Why are you guys snickering?