[OM] Virus Warning

Subject: [OM] Virus Warning
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:52:27 -0700
Dear Contacts
I am sending this to you because I found a virus on my computer.(called
jdbgmgr.exe) It was passed to mine through another contacts address book.
The virus sits dormant for 14 days before damaging your systems.  It is sent
automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you send
e-mails to your contacts.  It is not detected by Norton or McAfree
anti-virus systems.  Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid
of it.
1. Go to start, (bottom left corner of computer screen) click on Find or
Search option.
2. Select the Files/Folders option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C: drive and any other drives you may have.
4. Click "Find NOw"
5. The Virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
IT!!! DO NOT CLICK ON IT!
6. Go to Edit, choose "Select All" to highlight the file without opening it.
7. NOw go to File and select "Delete".  It will then go ! to the Recycle
Bin.
8. Go to the Recycle Bin and Delete it there as well (if it is the only
thing in your recycle bin click on file delete all.  If there is more than
one thing do the following: click ONCE on the object then click file delete)
(REMEMBER ONE CLICK)
IF YOU FIND THIS VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
SO THAT THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO DO RIGHT AWAY.

To do this open new email message.
Click the photo of address book next to "Subject"
Click every name and add it to BCC
Copy this message, enter Subject, paste to email, and send.