[OM] Bessler D2 Enlargers

Subject: [OM] Bessler D2 Enlargers
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:39:45 -0700
Hi Zuiks:

I went over this morning to Washington State University, to check out
their surplus auction and pre-priced sale.

They had three Bessler D2 enlargers for sale.  As far as I could tell,
they appeared functional.  The price was $45, without a lens, lens
board, or negative carrier.  They had a few 50 mm Rodenstock enlarging
lenses, mounted on a lens board, also for $45.

I've decided not to put in a wet darkroom at this time.  However, if
anyone would like me to act as their agent, and purchase one on your
behalf,  please let me know before 3:00 pm today, Pacific Time.  It
would also be useful to know what to look for, as I have not used an
enlarger in many years.

I suspect the freight will run as much as the enlarger, as it looks very
heavy.  I good deal for anybody, especially if you have negative sizes
up to 4X5.  Her is a link to a site with more info:

http://www.classic-enlargers.com/

BTW, I did purchase a Mac 7200, with keyboard and mouse.  It seems to
work fine, and included the OS and Microsoft Word 6 for $8!  They had
tons and tons of them.

Bill Stanke