Re: [OM] Kenmore Camera Sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Kenmore Camera Sale
From: Josh Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:14:11 -0700
Doggre@xxxxxxx writes:

>The UU list server did not forward any messages containing the
>worm/virus.  It blocked all messages that contained the worm, and sent
>them to me (the list administrator) instead.  So, you can still trust
>the messages that come from the list.

Unfortunately, the current batch of worms fakes the return
address on messages, so there could well be messages that claim
to be from the list, even though they aren't.  I admin a number
of bicycle mailing lists, and every time a member gets infected I
get all sorts of responses to infected messages that have bogus
addresses.

The lists I run mostly accept only plain text messages, so I can
at least warn subscribers that if they see a little paperclip
icon for an attachment, that email definitely did not go through
the list.  The one list that does allow attachments causes more
trouble than all the others combined.

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
Putnam Financial Services