Re: [OM] Limited Time Offer: Save on Photoshop

Subject: Re: [OM] Limited Time Offer: Save on Photoshop
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 17:20:13 -0400
Actually, Larry, I am not a millionaire, or even close.

More to the point, because of the problems with the economy, particularly
the high-tech economy, I have been unemployed since the beginning of the
summer.

My current plan is to do a career change to high school teaching, not
exactly a profession that will make me rich, but I still don't plan on
stealing.

Hmm....takes the winds out of your argument, doesn't it.

Tom

> Software has probably helped make you a millionaire, so I understand the
> difficulty of seeing where I'm coming from - who will never ever ever
become a
> millionaire, or even close.
>
> The system of checks & balances that seems to be occurring between people
"like
> me" & people "like you" is obviously still far and away in the majority
towards
> you. Its simply not possible for things to get to a point where more
people get
> software the way I do, neither am I the "worst" offender.
>
> If you had to suddenly survive on an eensy beensy 30,40, 50, or 60 K a
year (if
> you can imagine many actually have to - and have homes with less than 10
> rooms!!!!!) - the world would hear the loudest screaming imaginable!
>
> So imagine how the people OWNING the software companies would feel.
Therefore,