Re: [OM] Yellow Jacket

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellow Jacket
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:01:18 -0700
John,
thanks ! The secret is cooling. Keep them in the fridge (not freezer ,thats
mean) for a couple of  minutes
and they will bcome still. The problem is by the time you  get your
paraphernalia (bellows etc..) ready and
bring it under focus, which in this case is an eternity, the subject starts to
"thaw" and will begin to show
signs of movement. Thats bad because the slightest movement on the part of the
subject will throw it
out of focus, not to mention the possibility of the subject flying away. We are
talking DOF less than a  mm. So
when that  occured  (about 2 or 3 times), it was "Ok buddy, you are going back
to the fridge"). John Shaw
 strongly urges photographers not to follow this practice - "You wouldn't
freeze restless children before
photographing them, would you?". Ironically, thats what gave me the idea.
Illumination was with a T-32 held in front/above  the subjects head, Butterfly,
if you will.

-Tim