Re: [OM] iS-3000 / iS-3 focussing problem

Subject: Re: [OM] iS-3000 / iS-3 focussing problem
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:55:07 +0200
Replying to my own email, the camera has suddenly sprung to life again; it
is as if a timer suddenly timed out. I had checked the remote button
earlier, and cancelled it during my checks....

Roger Key

Has anyone on the list had a problem with the iS-3000 / iS-3 suddenly
refusing to focus? I have just been out to finish a roll of film, and after
taking a few pictures of a blue heron with the B-300 extender attached, the
camera refused to focus the next time that I took the camera out of the
bag. I had attached the B-300 with the camera turne off, turned it on,
zoomed to max (180mm/300mm), took 3-4 pics with no problems, turned the
camera off, and removed the B-300 after the lens had zoomed and parked
itself.
Everything else works, except Power Focus and Autofocus. I changed to fresh
batteries as a precaution.

Any ideas?

Roger Key, Copenhagen