Re: [OM] [OT] Pentax DSLR Announced

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Pentax DSLR Announced
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:25:35 -0600
At 08:17 AM 21/10/2002 +0800, Clemente Colayco wrote:
What is  802.11a and 802.11b ? are you talking of hardware, or software
applications?

For in-depth discussions, go to this URL:

   http://www.80211-planet.com/tutorials/article.php/1439551

In a nutshell, they're physical layer transmission standards/protocols for wireless LANs. The above article will give you an introduction to the alphabet soup of 802.11 in mind-numbing, excruciatingly correct detail (which is more than I can say for any attempts *I* could make). ;-)

Garth