Re: [OM] Is this really "stealing" PhotoShop?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is this really "stealing" PhotoShop?
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:27:40 -0400
I quite understand some of you, especially those in the software business,
getting your panties in a wad over Larry's posting a link to what pretty
obviously is a site from which to "steal" a copy of PhotoShop.  But what
about the other link, the one to the place selling it for $39.95?  They
state plainly it's an OEM copy, without the book, etc.  If there's
something illegal going on here, why aren't Adobe's lawyers frothing at the
mouth and shutting these folks down?

I ask this rhetorically, because I'm not going to be a customer.  If I
wanted to purloin a copy of PhotoShop 7.0, I could get one from my "Cousin
of the Hasselblads" in Huntsville or my "Son of the Nikons" in Knoxville.
Like some on this list, who apparently think it's the greatest thing since
sliced bread, they nearly wet themselves over it.

Me, I'll stick with PictureWindow, thank you.  It does everything I need or
want to do, with a lot less hassle and at a tenth of the price.

Walt