Re: [OM] PhotoShop options?

Subject: Re: [OM] PhotoShop options?
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:22:55 +0100
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:01:59 -0700, Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Walt, I'm with you. I see no need for PhotoShop. I happily use Ulead
>PhotoImpact4 which came with one of my scanners. It does way more than
>I've figured out how to use. What do other people use?  What other
>options are out there? I hear Gimp is pretty good. Or convince me that
>PhotoShop really is worth the big bucks (even for the upgrade) for an
>amateur.

Paint Shop Pro 7. Great program at less than 200f the price of PS
but (so they say) with over 750f the latter's features.

I do feel somewhat irritated that all the digital camera magazines in
the UK cover Photoshop almost exclusively for their tutorials and so
on: OK for *them*, but we can't all afford a program that costs almost
as much as an E-10!

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)