[OM] XA Unused

Subject: [OM] XA Unused
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:23:13 EDT
Went up to U.W. today to hear Daniel Ellsberg (of Pentagon Papers fame)
lecture and answer questions (and promote his latest book).  I took along the
XA thinking maybe I could take a couple pics of Ellsberg, and/or the
beautiful colors on campus (there are trees from all over the world all over
campus, and the architecture is gothic to modern).

The event was so, well, "heavy" for me, that I didn't take one pic.  After
the lecture, the fella in line in front of me handed his P&S camera to the
lady helping get books opened to be autographed.  She turned around, snapped
off a shot (AT THE FLOOR!), flash fired.  When she turned back to take the
picture of them, there was no more film.  She had fired off his last
exposure!

I just shook Ellsberg's hand, asked my question, and left.

In the spirit of no politics, no religion, etc., I''ll refrain from any
further comments, except to say that when I stepped outside into "Red Square"
(a huge expanse of red brick, where there used to be grass, and anti-war
demonstrations during VietNam), I smelled marijuana, which kind of made the
experience complete, '71 flashbacks and all.

The campus is just GORGEOUS this time of year, with all the fall colors.  I
thought of the current TOPE, but just couldn't get myself in the mood.
Another day.

Rich

(please, no political responses on-list, or we'll sic Garth on ya with his
cheap, but good, red wine; offlist however, let 'er rip)