Re: Re: [OM] 4 layer films

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] 4 layer films
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:31:31 -0500
At 21:30 10/21/02, Wayne Harridge wrote:
My guess is that Fuji expect that pros would use the appropriate CC filters for the given lighting and would not want the colour balance of their films changed from what they know.

According to their data sheets:

  NPC 160, NPL 160T, NPS 160 and NPZ 800 have a 4th cyan layer.
  Structures vary slightly in the diagrams for them.
  Some have the cyan layer above the green and some below it.
  Those with cyan above the green have an interlayer separating them.

  Superia Reala (100) [CS], 100 [CN], 200 [CA], X-Tra 400 [CH],
  Ex-Tra 800 [CZ] and 1600 [CU] all have a 4th cyan layer.

  Press 400, Press 800 and Press 1600 have a 4th cyan layer.
  I suspect these are 36 exp Superia 400, 800 and 1600 in 20 roll bricks.
  Superia 100 and 200 ProPacks are 36 exp rolls in 20 roll bricks.
  Superia X-Tra 400 Evidence Pack is 20 exp rolls in a 20 roll brick.
  These bricks all contain 36 exposure rolls except for the Evidence Pack.

  NPH 400 and NHGII 800 have three layers only.

  Nexia A 200, H 400 and 800 (all are APS size) have a 4th cyan layer.
  I strongly suspect these are the APS versions of Superia 200, 400 and 800.

I think I got it all correct; it's getting late.

I'd like to know how these 4 layer films can give more realistic looking results under fluoro and tungsten without upsetting the daylight/flash colour balance.
Anyone like to explain that ?

This I cannot explain.

-- John