Re: [OM] New Photoshop Inquiry-No Flame Wars Please

Subject: Re: [OM] New Photoshop Inquiry-No Flame Wars Please
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:18:11 -0700
All I've seen is the program advertised for ~$99 with a $30 'upgrade rebate'
for owners of the previous version... But when I bought version 1.0 as an
'upgrade' from the PS LE that came with my scanner, I still paid the sales
price less the $30... I don't see why they can't upgrade you from 1.0 to 2.0
for $25 or $30 instead of $69. Upgrades used to be a 'token' amount, not
3/4's the cost of the full new program.
--

Jim Brokaw

It is interesting that the upgrade for the $600 full Photoshop is $139, a fraction of the original. It could be that Adobe's plan is to make as much off the "consumer version" as the pro with its predatory pricing. Sort of like the Gillette razor or inkjet business model, "Get them with the refills." On the other hand the only thing that is majorly new is the ability to run in Mac OS X according to the articles I have read. You might wait for v.3.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California