Re: RE: RE: [OM] 4 layer films

Subject: Re: RE: RE: [OM] 4 layer films
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:21:57 -0700
10/22/2002 9:03:19 AM, William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>the new 4 layer one
>
>10/22/2002 8:38:35 AM, William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>My wife and I bought a bunch of this film (club pack thing) and hated it.
>>Anyone like it?  We though it had less colour punch than their other films
>>(certianly less than Portra VC)
>
>both super hq and superia are sold in club packs... which are you referring
>to?

haven't used portra vc; been a longtime superia user (the 4th layer one). that
said, i dind't sense a lack of punch in superia (i did note super hq looked
awful after shooting superia)--in fact, i think
it is sometimes too contrasty and saturated. maybe it is the processor? old
chemicals? and for some reason, superia has been relabled superia x-tra, altho
i can't see anything different. it could also be
processor brand and paper dependant: if you are using kodak processing,
obviously they are set up to make the best use of the emulsions they put out,
printed on their paper. likewise for fuji. i get fuji
processing on fuji film (shot all sorts, super hq100,200, superia 400, 800,
NPS, NHGII) so i'm a happy camper :) one time i tried kodak gold 100, the reds
were over the top.

/S
--
"We apologise for the inconvenience."