Re: [OM] New member alert! Cool it!!-Now dusty lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] New member alert! Cool it!!-Now dusty lenses
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:57:51 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/02 2:31:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Yesterday I received the catch from my last fishing expedition in the Bay,
> a Tamron 80~200/2.8 in very good condition -- perfect glass.  It's a bit
> dusty on the inside

I also got a recent ebay acquisition in the mail yesterday.  It is the Tamron
SP 400mm f 4 and as with yours had a little debris on the inside.  It would
probably be just fine without a cleaning, however the speck or two on the
inside of this beautiful lens will make me crazy.  I've tried to talk to
Tamron's service people in the past and their usual response for a ball park
idea of what a CLA would cost is: send it in and we will give you an
estimate.  I understand why they might say that, however I don't see any harm
in them saying it could be anywhere from $200 to $1000.  So the question is,
does anyone have a suggestions on who to have work on some of these big
Tamron lenses?  Bill Barber