[OM] free case and Oly trivia

Subject: [OM] free case and Oly trivia
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:49:44 -0500
I have a free-to-a-good-home 85/2 case.  A bit beat-up outside, but good
inside.  One curious thing I found is that this one reads 85mm f2 where
the other one (as well as the 28/2 case) reads 2/85.  does anyone know
when the switch occurred?

Also, to further expand on the mysticism of the 85/2, does anyone else
feel that the mirror shock from an OM-1 is less noticeable with this
lens attached than with any other lens?  I don't think that it is the
weight, maybe just harmonic resonance...