Re: [OM] Summer Exchange

Subject: Re: [OM] Summer Exchange
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:00:44 -0400
There are four ways to avoid a tripod in the picture:

1. Take one extra shot of the ground and stitch it in at the end.  This
produces the best end result.  I typically held the camera a arm's length
with a bubble-level on the hot shoe and did my best to get directly over
where the tripod was.

2. Clone out the tripod after stitching.  (Time consuming)

3. Use a PanoTools feature to insert a "tripod cap" image that floats over
the tripod remnants when you "look" straight down using the VR software.

4. On an image like mine, crop off the bottom where the tripod crap is.

Skip