Re: [OM] WARNING -- e*ay scam message - see below...

Subject: Re: [OM] WARNING -- e*ay scam message - see below...
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 02:06:42 -0500
I have had my ebay password appear in a junk e-mail subject header once. Some junk mail ad from a server address in DENMARK(!). I wrote MS who said (in effect) "not our fault". I wrote ebay who said (also in effect) "[dodge] ... we are constantly seeking ways to improve the [blah blah blah] .. we suggest changing password FREQUENTLY (my emphasis)... "etc. So take note, in addition to not using any other login other than "ebay.com" - ebay do not use a secure encrypted sign-in webpage for login - so your password is subject to being picked up.

Cheers,
Lee