Re: [OM] T32 filters question

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 filters question
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 06:18:37 +0100
Cc: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dan

The ND filters are probably there to vary the output when you are
using the flash manually.  The colours are useful for changing the
background colour of a shot.  If you use complementary filters on
flash and lens (say, blue on the flash, yellow on the lens) you can
give yourself a blue background and normal colour foreground.  Cokin
pushed this idea years ago in their early catalogues and made filters
to help you do this.  Clearly, you would need exactly complementary
colours to avoid a colour cast on your subject.

Alternatively, some people want coloured lighting on their subject ...

Chris