Re: [OM] KPP aka Qualex aka Kodalux "Perfect Touch"/E6

Subject: Re: [OM] KPP aka Qualex aka Kodalux "Perfect Touch"/E6
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:08:56 -0400

In a message dated 10/24/2002 Wayne Culberson writes:

> Does anyone here process E6 at home?

I have in the past, actually starting with E-2 way back in the dark ages.
Yes, I'm older than dirt.  If you can maintain a water bath temperature
within plus/minus one degree, the rest is not all that difficult.  I found
that cutting the frames apart and putting them in mounts was much more of a
PITA than the actual processing.

BUT, unless things have changed in the last few years, the chemicals, once
mixed, don't keep all that long.  If, like Mike Veglia, you shoot a lot of
film at a time, that's not a problem.  I don't normally shoot that much,
usually just a roll every week or so, unless something special comes up,
and in order not to waste the chemicals, I would need to refrigerate the
film I've shot until I have enough stored up to make full use of the soup.
That's even worse than waiting a week to 10 days for it to come back from
A&I.  If not for that, I'd probably start developing my own stuff again.
It's actually kind of fun.  Of course, instant gratification usually is.

Walt