Re: [OM] OT: Mamiya 6/7 vs. Bronica 645

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Mamiya 6/7 vs. Bronica 645
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:01:20 -0700
Thanks for the info on the Mamiya stuff. Upon further research, there's a Bronica RF645 that may fit the bill. Any experience? Thanks!

-snip

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>

The Bronica is probably very nice. It got good reviews. However it is very large for its format. When I checked dimensions I found that it is nearly identical in size and weight to the Mamiya 7 for a negative that is half the size. It may be larger than the Mamiya 6.

Another consideration is the vertical picture format which would require it to be turned on most pictures for me. If the vertical format really does not bother you and 645 is the format you would choose I would seriously consider the Fuji 645 with zoom lens. It is AF, but still has the advantages of a rangefinder with its compact size and quiet operation. No fiddling with changing lenses.

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California