[OM] Time to trash another lens design or two?

Subject: [OM] Time to trash another lens design or two?
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:03:47 -0500
A couple of items from Olympus Digest V2 #3684 ...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:26:49, Peter Stoecklein wrote:
   > ... The 2/35 is a bad design (look at the front
   > element). Dark edges even at an aperture of 5.6.

I am looking at my recently acquired 35mm F/2 Zuiko lens's front
element, and it looks OK to me.  What gives?

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 21:08:56, "Woody K." <oly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > I'm looking for [a] 24/2.8 that has a serial number larger
   > than 220,000 ...

I know about the 50mm/1.8 "Made in Japan" cult, and the quest for
50mm/1.4 lenses with serial numbers > 1.1M, and have worn out my
page-down key scrolling thru discussions on silvernoses and
multicoating, but this differentiation of the 24/2.8 lens is new
to me. What's the story here?

Pulling the two items together, I have had my 24/2.8 for nearly
20 years, and never noticed any significant corner fall-off until
taking full-sky meteor-track time exposures last year.  Back to
my normal environment of photographing illuminated objects, I have
no complaints once again.