RE: [OM] Macro photography and the OM4 continued

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro photography and the OM4 continued
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:51:09 -0500
The macro lens is a steal.  You'll enjoy that.

The flash will be OK, but you're going to have to work out settings
manually.  It must plug into the PC socket and will not have any TTL
capabilities.  That's the big advantage of the OM flash system - no
calculations needed as long as you set the aperture within the range
allowed by the flash unit being used.

As for settings, you're going to have to pick some sample magnifications
and flash settings and shoot a couple of rolls of transparancies to work
out some sort of chart for exposures.  I don't know what settings the flash
has, but if it has discrete power settings, you'll have to factor that
capability into your tests.

It will work fine, just not as fire-and-forget convenient as a T-series
flash.

Skip