Re: [OM] newborn shots?

Subject: Re: [OM] newborn shots?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 00:10:37 -0500
At 12:12 10/27/02, Mickey wrote:
Hi John,
Well, I didn't venture into the realm of IR for this event, but am
considering it in the future. ;-)

Thanks for your remarks regarding the film use. I am pleased with the 800
results. I should see the 1600 soon.

Noted the film speed when I looked at the pics (Superia 800) but forgot to mention I was glad you were able to use 800. It may appear to be a bit grainier, but otherwise it should be very similar. I use Superia/Press 1600 for color work when the combination of lighting level, depth of field and shutter speed required preclude faster film.

BTW:
For indoor B/W I've been using TMax 3200P and have tried Delta 3200, both at EI 1600 and push 1 (EI 3200 for both is push 2). Jury is still out on the Delta and have two more rolls of it to process. The TMax at EI 1600 is similar to Tri-X shot at 400. Supposedly it's not so friendly for higher contrast outdoor use though, for which the Delta is more forgiving, but I haven't tried either one outdoors.

-- John