Re: [OM] Hawaii Recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] Hawaii Recommendations
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:11:27 -0400
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
  To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, 29 October, 2002 10:55 PM
  Subject: [OM] Hawaii Recommendations

  Dan,

  Portland: Rose's Deli; Powell's Bookstore; brewpubs; OMSI.  Wanna get
romantic?  Take her for a carousel ride at Jantzen Beach (N. Portland).  Rent a
car, and do at least a short loop out to Astoria at the mouth of the Columbia
R. (Coast Guard museum), on down to Seaside, Netarts/Tillamook.  Cape Meares
Lighthouse.  There is a good air museum at Tillamook in an old Navy dirigible
hangar.  And Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose in now in a museum in McMinnville, but
I think it may be closed in Dec.  If you have enough time and money for the
rental car, the entire Oregon coast Hwy 101 is worth driving, unless the wx is
totally miserable & stormy.  Lighthouses, rocky coast, interesting little
seaside towns.

  For some shots of the Oregon coast take a look at:

  www.hudsonphoto.ca/USA02.html

  and

  www.hudsonphoto.ca/USA03.html

  Our favourite haunt on the coast is Pacific City which is about 40 minutes
south of Tillamook

  John Hudson