Re: [OM] travel photography ... some thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] travel photography ... some thoughts
From: Robert T McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:33:26 -0500
I too use the iBook and it wires directly to my Sony digital camera and scanner. The camera is very simple and convenient to download and the package is light, compact and efficient. The scanner is also good but its a flat bed and is bigger than the laptop. Important point is if you are going to work with images a lot get lots and lots of RAM. I have 385Mb which is okay but you can 'never' have enough. In the pst I have had a Mac 5300 laptop that did great service all over the planet. The iBook has not traveled as much only because its newer but to date I am very satisfied with it. It is light, fast, bright and easily connected to anything I need. I would recommend getting the one with the RW CD rather than the basic CD reader drive. There are a number of excellent Windows PC's that you might consider if that is your preferred environment. One of the nicest that I have seen is the Sony VIAO. It seems to have all the right touches for effective mobile communications A useful aside is that you should get a CD version of your developed film at the time of development this way you will have your images ready to work with without any other steps. Particularly helpful on th ego.