Re: [OM] Hawaii recommendations (another travel kit..)

Subject: Re: [OM] Hawaii recommendations (another travel kit..)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:49:28 -0800
Although I have only used it once, I would certainly not call it grainy. At <http://home.attbi.com/0.000000E+00dreammoose/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-322698.html> , look at the right side direct film scan. On my 19" screen, this is the equivalent of a 20x30" print and the granularity is quite modest for 20x enlargement. This is Kodak Gold 400-3 film. My scan is at 2720dpi with a diffuse light source (Canoscan FS2710). Perhaps the particular granularity of Gold 400 works poorly with your Nikon 4000dpi, collimated light source scanner, producing the dreaded 'grain aliasing'?

I'm not recommending Gold 400. I use Supra and Portra NC in 400 speed. However, this freebie roll I shot is just not 'extremely grainy'.

Moose

C.H.Ling wrote:

Never been to Hawaii, but one suggestion here for the film, for me I will
not use any Gold 400, it is just extremely grainy.