Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:38:10 -0800 (PST)
> I like the OM 2S for its ease of use and spot metering
> ability. The down side
> of this body is that the meters occasionally die from terminal
> circuit failure.

Ah, yes.  I have the circuits replaced in my OM-2S every year.
Just include it in the CLA.

Seriously, I've used my OM-2S professionally since 1989 (bought
it in early 1986).  Other than two or three CLAs it has never
even ventured close to circuit failure.  Probably have shot
somewhere around 80,000 pictures with it.

I'm wondering if the OM-2S has had a higher failure rate than
any other OM body.  Frankly, the OM-1 isn't bullet-proof either.

AG-Schnozz