Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT (not for the faint-hearrted)

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT (not for the faint-hearrted)
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 22:59:03 -0000
Hmm. I don't get it.
If I'm reading this right, the best macro lens in the world has a
magnification of 1/10 (so isn't a macro at all), and produces an image
circle of 8mm diameter at 700lppm. best central resolution is 800lppm for
6mm image circle. Both claimed resolutions are aerial. Record that on film
(or any other current medium), then restore the enlargement to what you can
get from any competing Zuiko at full frame and it doesn't seem so good.
Meanwhile the lens appears to be HUGE compared with Zuikos.
Am I reading this wrong? There doesn't appear to be anything technically
outstanding about the images on the site. Nothing a Macro Zuiko couldn't do,
but you can't really tell at 640*480.

Confused

Julian