RE: [OM] Re: CF tripods

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: CF tripods
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:35:30 -0500
At 09:42 AM 11/2/02 -0500, w shumaker wrote:

Weight really does make the difference, and yep I could loose
a couple of lbs, but that weight is better distributed and easier to pack
along than a tripod.

Hi Wayne,

I know that sure is right! :-) I think that the suggestion that losing the weight yourself is as good as reducing the weight of a piece of equipment is a red herring anyway. My camera kit and backpack weigh around 25 pounds including the tripod and head. I've lost 30 pounds in body weight since the first of April so by that theory you'd think that backpack would absolutely jump off my back but it doesn't. The durn thing still feels like 25 pounds. Also, my 28 pound touring bike still feels just as slow and unresponsive as it ever did compared to my 20 pound racing bike.

Someone else's mileage may vary though -
Johnny