RE: [OM] Re: CF tripods

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: CF tripods
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:36:55 -0800 (PST)
> Gitzo 1127 CF Mountaineer sport 3 section, UKP 200 (at
>robertwhite.co.uk),1.42kg. (B&H, US$387)
> Bogen 3021N tripod, aluminium 3 section, US$117.00 (at B&H),
>2.27kg

Hmm. Compared to the price I paid for my Bogen 3221, the Gitzo
doesn't seem half bad.  Turns out that you pay just about the
same for high-end stuff that we've always paid.  It's just that
the bar keeps getting raised, as far as quality/technology is
concerned.

In otherwords, I don't think the price of the CF tripod is
out-of-line.

AG-Schnozz