[OM] Tripod Question

Subject: [OM] Tripod Question
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 15:02:48 -0800
I've been primarily borrowing or checking tripods out from school when I was shooting Super-8 and I've mostly always shot 35mm hand-held, but I'm thinking of grabbing a tripod. Can anyone suggest something with a fluid head that can do double-duty for both my student filmmaking and for shooting stills? I'm currently shooting stills with an OM-1 and my film camera is a Beaulieu 7008 with a Schneider-Kreuznach 6mm - 70mm F1.4 power zoom lens. I also use a hard-shell blimp for synch-sound shoots. Right now we're shooting a Buster Keaton homage, though, so I'm shooting silent footage sans blimp.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your recommendations.

-Rob