Re: [OM] 300mm 4.5 multicoated?

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm 4.5 multicoated?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:42:54 +0100
>I am looking for a 300 4.5 Zuiko for astro work.  How does one tell if it is
>multicoated or not?  I think there were a few versions.

I think the general procedure would be fine:

F.ZUIKO  1:4,5 f=300mm --- Single Coated.
ZUIKO MC 1:4,5 f=300mm --- Multicoated.
ZUIKO    300mm 1:4,5   --- Multicoated, last version (maybe the same as the
one marked 'MC')

Some people think this lens works fine with the older coating, because of
the internal design. Mine is an F.ZUIKO (single coated) and I'm very happy
with it.

Great lens for astrophotography -- IF your scope's mount is big enough ;-)

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<cjsantis@xxxxxxxx>