Re: [OM] Can I use Lithium battery in OMs?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can I use Lithium battery in OMs?
From: Peter Stöcklein <peter.stoecklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:30:50 +0100
> The double cell lithium battery (CR 1/3N) causes a meter position error of
> 1-3 stops in the OM-2, 2N and XA.   Do not use them or alkaline (LR44,
A76)
> batteries.

As a user of an OM 2n I remeber over years with dozends (100s) of films no
over- or underexposure caused by lithium battery (CR 1/3N) in auto and
manual mode. And I used the CR 1/3N batteries until the battery check
failed. The actual battery in my OM 2n sits there for more than 5 years,
cause I migrated to MF and 35mm autofocus. And still, there is life in it.
I assume the newer OM-2N cameras regulate the voltage internal. The circuits
of older type OM-1 require a 'constant voltage battery'. I agree with you
that a meter position error of 1-3 stops in the OM-1 (I own one) will be
caused by the wrong battery type e.g. alkaline.

My personal experience, Peter