Re: [OM] ebay bid timing

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay bid timing
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:20:46 +0100
I forgot to bid.....but the winner obviously used a snipe program(me).
Setting it to bid one second before the end is a bit risky though. The
winning bidder buys and sells a lot on UK eBay; he sells at high reserve
prices. If he wins something that I have made a serious bid on, I assume
that I have evaluated the item incorrectly!

Regards/Mvh.,
Roger Key

I just lost out on this one (I was the first bidder)

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=1393668438

not too bothered about not winning as it was speculative on my part and I'd
bid as high as I was willing to pay.

But how did the winner get a bid in 1 second before the auction ended as
happened here - is it luck, practise, a special program?

regards
Ian