Re: [OM] Re: continuous spot

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: continuous spot
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:22:37 -0800
On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 11:00:13AM +0100, Roger D. Key wrote:

 It seems to me that to use 'continuous' spot metering on an OM-4(T) in
 auto, you need to press the spot button first. That spot reading will then
 be averaged with the 'continuous' spot reading when you then press the
 shutter release.
 Any better ideas?

I really don`t like the idea to mix my carerfully selected spot-value with
a random continous spot value...

I´d like to get the value I´ve meassured, and nothing else...

Frieder Faig

It does not work that way.  The only reading put into the memory is
the one recorded when you push the spot button.  If you put in more
than one reading then those readings are averaged.  Simple.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California