Re: [OM] ebay bid timing

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay bid timing
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:47:30 -0800
Bryan Pilati wrote:
It's called sniping.

I'm a satisfied user of the sniping system at
http://www.auctionsnipe.com/

I don't use it on auctions where there's obviously a lot of interest, but on a slow auction with only one or two other serious bidders, it can eliminate their time to respond to being out-bid, assuming they didn't just put in their highest bid in the first place. Sniping only really works because people don't trust eBay's automatic proxy system.

Shameless plug -- if you sign up for auctionsnipe.com, tell them user jmputnam referred you and they'll give me free snipes ;-)

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>