[OM] interesting flash thread

Subject: [OM] interesting flash thread
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:28:05 -0600
Thanks to all who contributed answers to the flash question.  This is a
very interesting thread that certainly demonstrates the versatility of
our OM bodies.

I am also curious if TTL AUTO will work on all electronic shutter
cameras?  As long as the flash is not connected to the body, the AUTO
function should start reading available light, then close the second
curtain when enough light has been received?  I guess this is tempered
by the flash to subject distance in that if the flash is close enough to
the subject and would over-expose based on selected f-stop, then the
camera has no way of controlling flash out put, or can close the second
curtain fast enough to correct the exposure.

As seen in my TOPE 8 shot, I selected the f-stop that would give the
exposure I wanted for 30 seconds (enough time to run around) and then
locked the cable release and watched the clock.  As one could see, most
of the faces are washed out and overexposed since I was too close to the
subject.  I'll have to give the multiple flash technique a try this w/e
to see what I can get.

Thanks again, and I'm glad that we are back to something on-topic and
educational! ;)