Re: [OM] interesting flash thread

Subject: Re: [OM] interesting flash thread
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:02:55 -0500
Cc: rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 11/8/2002 9:28:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> I am also curious if TTL AUTO will work on all electronic shutter
> cameras?

Do you really mean ALL electronic shutter cameras, or just OMs? Of the
electronic-shuttered OM's The OM-10, OM-20/G, OM-30/F, and OM-40/PC have much
shorter maximum exposure times on Auto - on the order of about 10 seconds or
so. These bodies wouldn't be very useful on auto mode for the "painting with
flash" technique.

As for non-Olympus cameras, the only other camera I am aware of that integrates
exposure while the shutter is open is the Pentax LX. Every other auto exposure
SLR determines the exposure before the shutter opens.

Hope this makes sense,

Paul Schings