Re: [OM] OMs and Zuikos at work

Subject: Re: [OM] OMs and Zuikos at work
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:16:44 -0400
> Alas, no such mountain railways in eatern Canada.
>
> John Hudson

Alas, you're right. I seem to remember some nice tunnels going up the Fraser
Valley too, but its been a long time ago so am not sure if they were all for
trains or for the vehicles. I have a few pictures taken with Instamatic 104
I could look back at, uhmm, had no Olympus in those days.
But our claim to fame here is that the engineer of those original mountain
rail ways made his summer home here just a few miles from where I live. I
visited his island estate, a tourist spot now, and took some pics this
summer. Here is the gov't web pics of the place.
http://new-brunswick.net/new-brunswick/ministersisland/enter.html
Most of the old railyards are gone in Moncton now too. But you should see
the ones coming on the main line up from Halifax through to Montreal.
There is a vintage restored passenger train they run here and through Maine
some in the fall. I saw it in Saint John this fall one day, so it might make
a project if you're into shooting trains.
Welcome to the province, I think you're the only other list member here in
NB.
Wayne