Re: [OM] On Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] On Photography
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 11:14:48 -0800
I was with Ms Sontag for the first couple of sentences, but she lost
me thereafter.  I think that she is a candidate for "Pseuds' Corner"
in Private Eye.  I wonder... will they pay me for an entry if it is
third-hand?

:>).

Chris

I don't think Sontag really understands anything. She is just part of that academic movement to make everything meaningless and to establish themselves as the double talking authorities on everything. It is the same sort of impulse that raises Burroughs' Naked Lunch to high literature because the pages were split down the middle and reassembled in a different order. Sense and meaning are not only irrelevant to them but a sign of bad art. I think much of 60s and 70s art and criticism will be relegated to a curious footnote in the future as an example of an economic adventure by New York art dealers.

Sorry.  Could not resist.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California