Re: [OM] On Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] On Photography
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:38:46 -0800
Can be dangerous too, if one does not go very carefully at first. I had a friend, Gary, who lived in Kathmandu and led treks there and in Tibet. He was in town to finish up the editorial process on his book on trekking in Tibet (the first in existence) while staying in my basement room. I was to go with him to meet a guy named Hugh, whom Gary considered the best mountain photographer after Galen Rowell. (Gary was no slouch either, with numerous credits in books about the Himalyas.)

Anyway, Hugh went to a clinic in downtown Berkeley to be snipped. When the deed was done, he was waiting by the curb for his ride home. Apparently, he fainted. In any case, he fell, hit his head on the curb and died. I did end up going to his house, but for a wake.

Moose

Ian BManners wrote:

Ouch....having a knife between your legs really hurts....I
remember it well.

<snip, tug tug, snip, tug, tie, sew, repeat on the other side>

And "You'll be right tomorrow", what a load of .....