Re: [OM] Photos from a journey from China to London

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from a journey from China to London
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:07:34 +0000
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments about my photos from China, Russia etc. I've done some more work on the web pages, and now if you look at:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/beijing-london/

you'll find the images all sorted into individual pages. No captions just yet but they'll come in the next day or two.

Sam asked about the developing and Brian about the scanning - all the shots up there were taken on Fuji Sensia 100, and developed by Fuji labs in the UK - I am always impressed with their rapid turnaround, and I had all my photos back within four days of posting them to Fuji. I scanned them in with my Acer Scanwit 2720S, and processed them in Paint Shop Pro.

Mostly my image processing just consists of cropping, resizing, gamma correcting as necessary and sharpening, but on some I have increased the colour saturation slightly, with the intention of better matching the original slide. One technique I've used quite a lot is to make a mask by inverting the image data and then gamma correcting - this can dramatically bring out shadow detail while leaving highlights untouched.

Cheers,
Roger