Re: [OM] OM importing from USA.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM importing from USA.
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:33:14 -0500
Hypothetical comment "If you don't mind not getting a camera  back (with no
restitution of any kind) because it was lost by the Post Office, then it
could go back uninsured.  Then you also agree not to approach the credit
card company with the expectations of not having to pay  for the $100 worth
of repair work that was done + $20-$30 shipping". Customer says "but I never
DREAMT the package would get........LOST!"
That's why I don't offer "no insurance, undervalued shipments. "  Even when
a customer "promises" not to initiate a chargeback through the cc company.
Also, putting $100 into a used camera worth $200, does not create a camera
insurable for $300.  The PO & UPS will not honor inflated insurance claims.
(In some cases the post office has actually depreciated claims, below the
value of the used body. )
It's just business.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714